First Choice Allied Health
- Supportive team and learning culture
- Great team environment
- Clinic Based Role
We are a multidisciplinary allied health clinic that provides assessment and intervention to clients across a range of ages. We provide a flexible and well supported work environment with a focus on peer-learning, functional therapy, evidence-based-practice and providing a functional and holistic approach to our clients. We see a variety of clients including those with NDIS funding (we are an NDIS registered provider), and also those that are accessing Medicare funding, insurance, and private paying clients.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist that is looking to work in our clinic while being offered flexible working arrangements, a variety of responsibilities depending on experience and having a caseload based on your clinical preferences. The primary goal is to enable our participants and clients to participate in the activities of everyday life, promoting health and wellbeing through occupation.
You would suit this role if you are looking for a position to work with paediatric clients or a combination of paediatric clients and teenagers, young adults and senior some adult clients.
Due to the changing work environment imposed by the Covid-19 pandemic, delivery of clinical care may be in varied settings and using various platforms, including face-to-face and also to online tele-health sessions. We are primarily clinic-based, however there are times when community, school, or home visits may be required. We offer both individual and group sessions to our clients.
Specifically, the main responsibilities include:
- Undertaking assessments (at clinic, home, school or at an agreed location).
- Providing therapy (to improve gross motor skills, fine motor skills, handwriting, social skills, play skills, sensory processing difficulties, self-regulation, self-care, etc.,).
- Providing education to clients and caregivers and creating treatment and therapy plans to suit the individualised needs of a diverse population of clients (infants, children, adolescents, and adults)
- Keeping detailed progress notes, writing assessment reports, funding reports, referral letters, and creating and reviewing goals based on the outcomes of assessment
- Participating in care-team meetings for clients as and when required.
About the Benefits:
First Choice Allied Health offers a supportive, experienced team of professionals who can provide supervision and mentoring as needed to help you develop your clinical skills, across a wide range of practice areas.
A fantastic range of additional benefits are also on offer, including:
- Flexible hours
- Annual professional development budget
- Weekly/Fortnightly Individual peer support or supervision
- Weekly case review meetings
- Fortnightly Occupational Therapy Team meetings
- A wide variety of assessment tools and therapy resources
- An admin team to support you for bookings, invoicing, contacting clients and as required
- 1 week for observation of other therapists when joining the clinic
- A MacBook for work
- Access to a work phone and iPad as required
- Bonus scheme when you exceed KPI’s
- Access to Employee Assist Program (EAP). EAP Assist is Australia's leading Employee Assistance Program provider with immediate confidential counselling support & advice services to all employees working throughout Australia
- 2 additional “well-being” personal leave days per year are on offer for outstanding performance
- Weekly OT supervision
- 1-2 hours weekly peer support
- Fortnightly OT Team meeting
- $1000 annual Professional Development Allowance
- Full Time Allied Health Team leader available Mon-Fri to attend and provide additional support whenever required
- Monthly one-on-one 30-minute meeting with Allied Health Team Leader
- Fortnightly one-on-one 20-minute meeting with Director
You will be a passionate and energetic professional with the ability to engage with our clients and their families and caregivers. You will be confident in your abilities develop your skills and to deliver supports to a varied client base whilst focusing on achieving quality outcomes for our clients whilst taking a holistic approach.
We are looking for a recent graduate or experienced professional who:
- Is confident and has a strong work ethic
- Enjoys working independently and working in a team
- Is warm and friendly with a positive attitude
- Is able to positively engage with and enjoys working with infants, children, adolescents, young adults, families, teachers, and other healthcare professionals
- Is reliable and keen to maintain high standards
- Is professional in representing our practice
Qualifications and experience:
- Valid Australian working rights
- Current AHPRA registration
- Proficient skills in complex assessment and report writing
- Experience working within the NDIS system, desired
- MUST have a working with children check and NDIS worker screening check